If you want to remove paint and finish from the surface of cabinets, you need a sander that will work more quickly and efficiently. It’s hard to choose the best sander for kitchen cabinets since a good collection out there. But you must do it at any cost to find an optimal polishing outcome.
However, we’ve done in-depth research to help you with finding the ideal one. If you stay here for a few minutes, you could easily reach the prospective one. Let’s look forward!
Table of Content:
We’ve highlighted all the sanders in the following table. You should scan it to purchase the perfect one.
- 6 Best Sander for Kitchen Cabinets Reviews 2021
- 1. Bosch OS50VC Electric Orbital Sander
- 2. SKIL 7492-02 2.8 Amp 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander
- 3. Makita BO5041 3-Amp 4000-12000 OPM D-Handle Random Orbit Sander
- 4. BLACK+DECKER Mouse Detail Sander, Compact Detail (BDEMS600)
- 5. TACKLIFE Orbital Sander, 3 in 1 Electric Sander with 15 Pcs Sandpapers
- 6. TECCPO Compact Mouse Detail Sander with 12Pcs Sandpapers
- Benefits of Use a Sander for Kitchen Cabinets
- How Do You Clean Cabinets After Sanding? Step by Step Process
- Final Word
The following chart will represent the comparison of all the classical sanders. You can pay heed to it.
6 Best Sander for Kitchen Cabinets Reviews 2021
Now we’re going to talk about all of our chosen best sanders for kitchen cabinets. You’re requested to scroll down here.
1. Bosch OS50VC Electric Orbital Sander
If you’re exploring an efficient sander for finishing your kitchen cabinet, you can choose this one on the first attempt. It comes with a 3.4 amp powerful motor to deliver you a smooth surface. The paper clamping system will provide you the highest accuracy. It also accepts stick-on paper and makes the sandpaper to be fit accurately. To give you a good finish, it can sand on three sides close to vertical surfaces.
It conforms to many contours with the microcellular backing pad. You will find better control in handling as its vibration control suspension system minimized vibration. The variable speed setting facility will make a thoroughly plane surface on your kitchen cabinet. It also incorporates a translucent micro-filter dust canister to collect dust from the cabinet.
Moreover, it assembles a screw-off cap for easier emptying and an integrated paper filter to help you get a better result. The sander also comes with a removable front handle to deliver you better sanding in corners. You will also find a sanding sheet, hex wrench, vacuum hose adapter, and punch plate through this best hand sander for wood.
Bosch OS50VC Features:
- This sander comes with a powerful motor and excellent speed control system to aid you.
- It features a built-in micro-filter to collect dust and a screw-off cap for easy emptying.
- The paper clamping system can accept sticks on paper and manages perfect paper fit.
- With the inclusion of an extra-soft microcellular backing pad, it has been efficient for making a smooth surface.
- You will have minimal vibration and a removable front handle through this quality product.
2. SKIL 7492-02 2.8 Amp 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander
You can pick the SKIL Orbit Sander to remove paint, dust, and manage a good finish on your kitchen cabinet. It comes with pressure control technology and a 2.8A powerful motor to make the finishing job accurate. The motor operates at 12500 OPM to deal with any DIY projects efficiently. Most notably, it will allow you to change the speed as per the requirement during the working period.
As it features a microfiltration dust canister, the dust collection procedure will be easy enough. The built-in vacuum dust port will give you better support in sanding. You will have three sanding disks and ease of use through this great sander. The dust-sealed switch will be much favorable to you in dealing with it. And the durable design will let you utilize it for a long time.
It can eliminate swirl marks through its advanced braking system. The vibration control system will minimize the ratio of vibration to give you extra comfort in dealing. Its switching process is easy, and the overall performance is above the mark. Most importantly, you don’t need to change sandpaper often during the sanding through it.
SKIL 7492 Features:
- This sander comes with a microfiltration dust canister and pressure control technology.
- It features a 2.8A powerful motor that operates at 12500 OPM to give you a smooth finish.
- The advanced braking system will release the swirl marks during the sanding.
- With the attachment of a built-in vacuum dust port and dust-sealed switch, it has been user-friendly.
- You can control the speed, find ease in use, and get three sanding disks through it.
3. Makita BO5041 3-Amp 4000-12000 OPM D-Handle Random Orbit Sander
The makita sander comes with a 3-amp powerful motor to manage a fast and smooth finish on all stained surfaces. As it features a variable speed control system, you can change the speed as per the application’s necessity. You can switch over speed from 4000 to 12000 OPM at ease to meet your projects. It assembles an adjustable front handle to sand in corners and confined areas.
The inclusion of the ergonomic rubberized palm grip handle will bring much comfort to control it. You can utilize a quick-change hook and loop abrasive paper to find a better outcome on your sanding session. The vibration control system will give you comfort by reducing the range of vibration. With its high-quality materials, you will find a plane surface in your kitchen cabinet.
The attachment of the pad brake can efficiently reduce gouging and improve the overall performance. As it features a high-capacity dust collection system, you don’t need to be anxious about the accumulated dust. The built-in port adapter and oversized sealed ball bearing construction make it the best sander for woodworking.
Makita BO5041 Features:
- This excellent machine comes with a 3 amp powerful motor and pad control system.
- It provides a thoroughly swirl-free finish and maximum productivity through the pad brake.
- The inclusion of a rubberized grip handle makes it comfortable to deal with.
- With the dust collection system and variable control scope, it has been adorable to all.
- You can sand in corners through its adjustable front handle.
4. BLACK+DECKER Mouse Detail Sander, Compact Detail (BDEMS600)
The BLACK+DECKER Mouse sander will deliver you superior finishing performance by dismissing the rough layer of any surface. The 1.2 amp motor operates 14000 orbits per minute to remove unnecessary materials efficiently. With the assembly of a three-position grip control system, it has been easy to use in all applications. The micro-filtration dust collection system can collect dust precisely than other traditional sanders.
With the detailed finger attachment facility, you can sand hard to reach areas without any barriers. The compact size and low-profile legs make it perfect for sanding the kitchen cabinet with less toil. Moreover, it fits in the right spaces and maximizes user control. As it allows a change of speed, you can apply speed as per the requirement in your projects.
The excellent paper clamping system has increased the performance of it remarkably. You will get fewer vibrations and easy control over it during the working period. Most importantly, it will eliminate swirl marks to provide you a smooth and plane surface on your kitchen cabinet.
- This sander comes with a high-performance 1.2 amp motor and detailed finger attachment.
- It fits in tight spaces and collects dust through the micro-filtration system.
- The three-position grip and compact size make it easy to navigate in all conditions.
- With the inclusion of a vibration control system and paper clamping scope, it has been reliable to all.
- You will find ease in use through its advanced mechanism and utilize it for a long time.
5. TACKLIFE Orbital Sander, 3 in 1 Electric Sander with 15 Pcs Sandpapers
The TACKLIFE is a high-performance sander with six various speeds and excellent design. The motor operates on 7000 RPM to 12000 RPM, and you could adjust the speed according to sanding requirements. With the attachment of a 1.67A high power motor and 15pcs sandpapers, it has been the best sander for kitchen cabinets. The lightweight design will allow you to carry it anywhere you desire.
The micro-filtration system can precisely trap dust as small as ½ micron. As it’s equipped with a prominent dust carrying bag, it can keep the working area clean. You can replace the sanding pad quickly than a typical sander. The Velcro design will allow you to attach the sandpaper at ease. With the adjustable handle, you could finish the hard to reach area of cabinets smoothly.
Moreover, it comes with the least vibration to manage your utmost comfort in use. The attachment of 125mm sanding discs put it high in demand to all. Besides, it has been the first pick to all because of its hook and loop system. Apart from finishing your kitchen cabinets, you can utilize it for sanding tabletops, skirting boards, doors, and so on.
TACKLIFE Orbital Features:
- This three in one multifunction sander comes with a powerful 1.67A motor and six-speed position dial.
- It’s equipped with a micro-filtration system and a strong dust carrying bag.
- The inclusion of 15 pcs sandpapers and the adjustable handle makes it demanding.
- With the ergonomic and lightweight design, it has been perfect for dealing with a different application.
- You could replace the sanding pad and attach the sandpaper at ease through it.
6. TECCPO Compact Mouse Detail Sander with 12Pcs Sandpapers
Compared to other sanders, you will find the best privileges utilizing this multi-functional TECCPO Compact Mouse sander. It comes with a 1.1Amp high-efficiency motor that runs at 14000 OPM. The smooth operation and ergonomic design make it the best sander for home projects. As it features a soft-rubberized handle, you will get comfortable sanding scope for a long time.
It’s also capable of polishing corners and hard to reach areas. As it produces less vibration during the operation, you will enjoy fast sanding with less fatigue. The inclusion of high-quality 12pcs sandpapers makes it easy to deal with different projects. Depend on our works; you can use different grit. It can deal with wood, ceramic tiles, metal, and other materials, combining different sandpapers.
To collect the dust, it incorporates an advanced dust collection system with a substantial vacuum suction hole. Moreover, it features a big bag to store up all the particles to make the working area clean. The excellent braking system will aid you to get rid of swirl marks. With the paper clamping system, it manages a plane surface on kitchen cabinets and other surfaces.
TECCPO Compact Features:
- This sander comes with an advanced design and high-quality materials to deliver you a smooth finish.
- The motor has 1.1 amp of power and runs at 14000 OPM to manage a smooth finishing.
- It features an excellent dust collection system with a bag to gather the particles.
- With the inclusion of a soft-rubberized ergonomic handle, it has been easy to navigate.
- You will find 12pcs sandpapers with it and use it for a long time with less fatigue.
Benefits of Use a Sander for Kitchen Cabinets
If you want to arrange a well-designed cabinet or refinish the cabinet for prolonged use, an efficient sander is crucial to you. It has been an integral part of human life to accomplish all the DIY projects. Here are some notable benefits of manipulating the best sander for kitchen cabinets.
- A sander removes paint and stain from the kitchen cabinets to make it catchy.
- It manages a smooth, plane, and polish surface through the advanced motor.
- The dust collection system helps to gather dust and store it up in a bag to clean up the working area.
- With the various speeds and lower vibration system, it provides better support in use.
- You will have an adjustable handle to finish hard-to-reach areas and various sandpapers for different projects.
It features a pad brake to make a swirl-free finish and improve productivity.
How Do You Clean Cabinets After Sanding? Step by Step Process
You’ve completed sanding on your kitchen cabinets, but how do you clean it up? It will look messy if you fail to clean it appropriately. Hence, we’re going to hint at the overall process below.
To remove heavy dust on the surface, you can use a shop vacuum with a brush. It will make the cabinet out of all stains and particles.
You will find many more tiny particles on the surface; you can apply either a tack cloth or a damp rag to remove these.
Never forget to release all the dust from the collection bag to find optimal cleanliness after sanding.
Always keep an eye on it so that the particles never scatter around during the sanding period.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we’re going to respond to some questions. You can acquire more information about the sander here.
Can I use liquid sandpaper on my kitchen cabinets?
Yes, you can use liquid sandpaper on your kitchen cabinets but drawers, doors, etc. However, the liquid sandpaper allows you to remove plenty of dust and offers a good finish and gloss, too.
What to put on wood cabinets after cleaning?
After cleaning the wood cabinets in the kitchen, stains, grease may remain that need to be removed. You can use a good mixture of baking soda and water to remove these unwanted things easily.
Can you use an orbital sander on cabinets?
Of course, an orbital sander is required to make the surface even and smooth before starting to paint on it. Orbital sanders can go to confined areas and corners to sand and make these areas better for painting.
Can you paint cabinets without sanding?
You might need two to three layers if you want to paint cabinets without sanding. Also, it will not last for a long time. And, there you might experience unwanted stains and greases even after the painting.
It’s almost impossible to remove paint and make high quality finishing on a kitchen cabinet without an efficient sander. If you somehow can manage an advanced sander, there will be no obstacles in polishing all the rough surfaces. You can pick one of our reviewed products to have superior performance. In our opinion, you should go for the TACKLIFE Orbital Sander, 3 in 1 Electric Sander, as it’s the best sander for kitchen cabinets.
It comes with a high-quality motor and various speed levels to make your sanding projects productive. Moreover, it incorporates multiple sandpapers, an adjustable handle, and a pad brake to aid you most. The TECCPO Compact Mouse Detail Sander can also be in your choice list since it features an advanced dust collection system.