Do you want to improve your kitchen cabinets’ look by painting? Well, you are not alone. Kitchen cabinets have to endure hard impacts and get odd-looking. Therefore, you need the best sander for kitchen cabinets that will refinish and make the uneven surface smooth. Also, you need an even surface before you apply your desired paint to change your kitchen’s look.
You will find numerous sanders available out there with different features. It might be difficult for you to find a good sander based on its performance, quality, material, and more. However, we have experimented with a few sanders from the crowd and recommended that you fulfill your requirements.
Table of Content
For your quick-surfing throughout the whole article, the below table of content has been added here. It will also benefit you to navigate the article easily by clicking on any clickable link.
- 6 Best Sander for Kitchen Cabinets Reviews 2020
- 1. Bosch OS50VC Electric Orbital Sander
- 2. SKIL 7492-02 2.8 Amp 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander
- 3. Makita BO5041 3-Amp 4000-12000 OPM D-Handle Random Orbit Sander, 5-Inch
- 4. BLACK+DECKER Mouse Detail Sander, Compact Detail (BDEMS600)
- 5. TACKLIFE Orbital Sander, 3 in 1 Electric Sander with 15 Pcs Sandpapers 6 Variable Speeds
- 6. TECCPO Compact Mouse Detail Sander with 12Pcs Sandpapers, 14,000 OPM Multi-Function Sander
- Benefits of Use a Sander for Kitchen Cabinets
- How Do You Clean Cabinets After Sanding? Step by Step Process
- Final Word
In the comparison chart, we have put our selected sanders with specific features that you need to consider. It will allow you to choose your sander based on your preferences, budget, and more.
6 Best Sander for Kitchen Cabinets Reviews 2020
We have experimented, read hundreds of thousands of online reviews left by real users, and made the list of the 6 best sander for kitchen cabinets. We have just done the hard work of researching on behalf of you so that it would be a time-saver.
1. Bosch OS50VC Electric Orbital Sander
Your kitchen cabinet needs the best hand sander for wood because these cabinets are also made of wood. It offers you smooth and even surfaces with its flush sanding ability. You can again sand vertical surfaces of the cabinet on 3 sides. The versatile sander provides you with more accurate sanding on the cabinet surface before you apply any paint.
You can use both sticks on sandpaper and clamping system sandpaper because of its Sheetloc supreme system. It is convenient when you operate the device as it produces the lowest vibration, unlike any electric orbit sander. With its 3/32 inch orbit diameter, it can sand the hard-to-reach surfaces, too.
It comes with a dust collection chamber that collects dust while operating the sander so that your kitchen does not get dirty. You will also discover a screw-off cap that will benefit you to empty the chamber full of dust. Bosch OS50VC has a powerful 3.4 amp motor that allows you to change the speed from 8,000 to 11,000 OPM.
Bosch OS50VC Features:
- It offers faster sanding on the cabinet’s surface so that you can get a smooth surface.
- You can achieve vertical surface sanding on 3 sides with its flush sanding capability.
- For better accuracy, it comes with a Sheetloc paper clamping system.
- A dust collection canister is equipped with a sander so that it does not let your kitchen become dirty.
- A removal front handle of the sander benefits you to store and carry conveniently.
2. SKIL 7492-02 2.8 Amp 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander
When it comes to sand your kitchen cabinet to paint it, you should consider SKIL 7492-02. It offers you the most convenient sanding on the surface of the cabinet. It can nicely reach any sides to sand the body and make these surfaces even smooth and get ready to paint.
The orbit sander comes with a five-inch obit sander area that can do the sanding work faster and smoother. The pressure control technology of the sander helps you to control its speed while operating the machine. You might not need the same rate on all the cabinet’s surfaces. Therefore, you can control it up to 12,500 OPM, which offers you the smoothest surface.
You don’t need to be an expert to use the sander machine because it is straightforward. Without any technical knowledge, you can operate the sander for your kitchen cabinet yourself. Its powerful 2.8 amp motor ensures its durability, fast-sanding, and sturdiness.
SKIL 7492 Features:
- SKIL 7492-02 is a random orbit sander for your kitchen cabinet.
- Its pressure control technology benefits you to achieve different speed control based on your requirements.
- The sander comes with a 5 inches sanding area that conveniently sands the surface of your cabinet.
- The powerful 2.8 amp motor of the sander enables you to perform your sanding faster.
- It provides you with 12,500 OPM speed controls that are superb.
3. Makita BO5041 3-Amp 4000-12000 OPM D-Handle Random Orbit Sander, 5-Inch
Your versatile needs of having a sander can be fulfilled with Makita BO5041. Yes, you can use it for your kitchen or professional woodworking tool. Therefore, you can consider it the best sander for woodworking that offers you faster sanding and smooth finish.
A 3.0 amp robust motor of the sander enables you to get a faster and smoother result. The variable speed control dial of the machine provides you to control between 4,000 to 12,000 OPM. Considering your project’s need, you can apply different speed dial at a distinct surface.
You will discover an ergonomic rubberized palm grip that offers better performance for the users. It does not allow the machine to slip even if you sweat due to its rubberized handle. Whether it is a corner of the cabinet or not, you can sand with the sander conveniently because of its adjustable front handle.
Makita BO5041 Features:
- For a faster and smoother finish, the sander comes with a powerful 3.0 amp motor.
- You can achieve the machine’s speed control from 4000 to 12000 OPM to match your application.
- An ergonomic handle of the sander helps you to operate the sander for a long time without slipping.
- An adjustable front handle benefits you to sand in corners and hard-to-reach areas.
- It has a 5-inch orbit sanding area that makes uneven surfaces smooth faster and conveniently.
4. BLACK+DECKER Mouse Detail Sander, Compact Detail (BDEMS600)
If you want to transform your old-looking kitchen cabinet to a new stylish look, you need to paint with elegant color. In this case, you also require a sander that will remove the crust, uneven surface well, and make the cabinet ready to paint. To do so, Mouse Detail Sander should be your best sander for kitchen cabinets out there in the market.
Also, the sanding pad is included with the sander for your convenience. The finger attachment also benefits you to fit in confined spaces easily. It offers 3-position grip control that helps you to use the sander in many applications. The sander is only 2.8 lbs, which is light and enhances its maneuverability while operating the machine.
The powerful 1.2 amp motor increases its performance and comes with 14000 orbits per minute. While using the sander in your kitchen, it does not make it dirty because of its high-performance dust collection chamber with a micro-filtration system.
- The sander’s compact design allows you to sand in the corners.
- It comes with a detailed finger attachment that helps you to sand hard-to-reach areas.
- For ease of use and better control, the sander offers 3-position grip and control.
- With its 1.2 amp motor, you can achieve the material removal with 14000 OPT.
- It never permits your kitchen to get dirty as it has a high-performance dust collection with micro-filtration.
5. TACKLIFE Orbital Sander, 3 in 1 Electric Sander with 15 Pcs Sandpapers 6 Variable Speeds
Are you searching for an ideal sander that will benefit you in sanding your doors, cabinets, skirting boards, tabletops, and more? Well, then TACKLIFE Orbital Sander might be a revolutionary choice for you that offers 3 in 1 multifunction. The high-performance sander does all your sanding tasks for you reaching corners and tight spaces. It comes with a 1.67 amp motor with 6 adjustable speed controls.
Based on your project’s requirements, you can set the speed by turning the knob that you will find in front of the machine. It provides you with 15 pieces of sandpapers that are quickly replaceable, depending on your needs. These are 5 pieces of orbital sandpaper, 5 pieces of sheet sandpapers, 5 pieces of detail sandpapers that you can use for different applications.
You will discover a big dust collection that can comfortably collect a lot of dust. A microfilter system of the sander can trap microscopic particles as little as only ½ micron. Therefore, your working area remains clean, and it can be your right choice for indoor use.
TACKLIFE Orbital Sander Features:
- The sander offers 7000 to 12000 RPM with its 1.67 amp motor, which works faster.
- With its six variable speeds, you can control the rate based on your needs by moving the knob.
- A massive dust collection with a microfilter system allows your working area not too unclean.
- The 3 in 1 multifunction sander for your kitchen does the perfect sanding job for you.
- The finger detail sanding pad allows you to remove the dirt from tight and confined areas.
6. TECCPO Compact Mouse Detail Sander with 12Pcs Sandpapers, 14,000 OPM Multi-Function Sander
You don’t need to break your bank if you focus on a sander for home projects. Instead, it would help if you considered the crucial factors that a sander should have, including its performance, sanding capability, and more than TECCPO Compact Mouse Sander can fulfill. The high-efficiency hand sander can provide up to 14000 orbits per minute that are enough for your home projects.
Two different grit sandpaper comes with the sander, including 6 pieces of 60 grit and 6 pieces of 120 grit that can be utilized for various applications. The ergonomic handle with rubber grip allows you to use the hand sander for a long time. It is only 2.69 lbs, which enables you to prolonged operation without your fatigue.
The high-performance copper motor of the sander drives the produced dust into the dust collection very fast. Also, the sander’s dust collection bag can hold a lot, which prevents your work area from being dirty. The versatile sander can be used for metal, wood, ceramic tile, glass, and more.
TECCPO Compact Mouse Features:
- Your kitchen cabinet’s surface gets smooth finishing fast due to its having 1.5 diameter eccentric orbits.
- With its 1.1 amp motor, you can get a full orbit per minute up to 14000.
- A giant dust collection bag of sander that prevents your kitchen from being sandy.
- For prolonged use of the sander, it comes with an ergonomic handle that is covered with soft rubber.
- The lightweight feature of the sander helps you to operate and run the machine for a long time.
Benefits of Use a Sander for Kitchen Cabinets
When you need to paint your kitchen to improve its appearance, you need to consider a sander for your kitchen. It offers numerous benefits, including faster sanding, smooth surface, removing uneven texture, and more.
- Some sanders come with detailed finger attachment that helps you to reach the areas where it is challenging due to the tight and confined corners. So, you can sand all the vertical sides of the cabinets with a sander machine.
- A sander offers you a faster sanding performance. The powerful motor of the sander enables you to sand faster with needed orbits per minute.
- With the ergonomic design of the handle with soft rubber, you can use a sander for a prolonged time. Forgetting your fatigue, you can pursue your sanding project as long as you need it.
- A sander allows you to use different sanding sandpapers, including orbital, sheet, and detail sandpapers. You can change them according to your application’s needs.
How Do You Clean Cabinets After Sanding? Step by Step Process
Though a sander does not make your kitchen too dirty and sandy after the project, you need to head over to clean your kitchen. But sometimes, the working areas become dirty and filthy after sanding the surface of the cabinets.
When you are done with sanding your kitchen cabinets, it is time to clean your working areas, right? First of all, you need a vacuum cleaner so that you can dust off first. Use it wisely in all the corners of your kitchen because corners remain mostly sandy.
As you have dusted off the kitchen, there should be almost no heavy dust remains. So, take a damp cloth and start wiping the cabinets in the kitchen.
Let the surfaces of the cabinet dry for a few minutes. You can open all the windows and run the kitchen’s adjuster and fans so that the characters get completely dry. When you feel touching the surfaces that they are dry enough, it will suggest you move on to the last step.
A tack cloth is required in this step because you need to remove the last bit of dust from the cabinets. You should slowly and gently do the previous step so that there is no dust left on the kitchen cabinets’ surfaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions help improve your knowledge regarding the topic. Besides, these questions with their best possible answers will benefit you to choose the best sander for kitchen cabinets.
Can I use liquid sandpaper on my kitchen cabinets?
Yes, you can use liquid sandpaper on your kitchen cabinets but drawers, doors, etc. However, the liquid sandpaper allows you to remove plenty of dust and offers a good finish and gloss, too.
What to put on wood cabinets after cleaning?
After cleaning the wood cabinets in the kitchen, stains, grease may remain that need to be removed. You can use a good mixture of baking soda and water to remove these unwanted things easily.
Can you use an orbital sander on cabinets?
Of course, an orbital sander is required to make the surface even and smooth before starting to paint on it. Orbital sanders can go to confined areas and corners to sand and make these areas better for painting.
Can you paint cabinets without sanding?
You might need two to three layers if you want to paint cabinets without sanding. Also, it will not last for a long time. And, there you might experience unwanted stains and greases even after the painting.
Your kitchen cabinets need to refinish to look better because the cabinets’ surface becomes ugly after a few months. In this situation, you need nothing but the best sander for kitchen cabinets that will make the hard, uneven, rough surface smooth before applying paint.
Our recommendation after experimenting is Mouse Detail Sander that can help you achieve your desired goal. Its compact design helps to reach the corner and confined areas to sand. Besides, the sander’s handle is ergonomic and offers a 3-position grip and control for better sanding. It offers up to 14000 OPT with its 1.2 amp powerful motor.