Every DIYer needs a nail gun for different projects. These tools are essential for various projects like Hardie trim, fiber cement siding, and normal siding. While there are many nail guns, finding the best nail gun for Hardie trim can be daunting. This is because not all nailers are designed to work well with Hardie trims.
You need to know the specialties of various nail guns to help you choose the most suitable for Hardie trim. We have covered nail guns for Hardie trim that you need in your DIY arsenal. Let us check their features and benefits in detail.
Table of Content:
You can easily navigate through different parts of the content by clicking the following links.
- 5 Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim Reviews 2020
- Why Should You Choose a Nail Gun for Hardie Trim?
Here is a quick comparison of our top nail guns for Hardie trim that you can check at a glance to find their unique aspects.
What Kind of Nail Gun Do You Use for Hardie Board?
Hardie siding gives your home a great aesthetic look. This is why this trend is becoming popular since many people want houses with beautiful siding. However, you need to ensure you have the right tools for the job. So, what type of nail gun do you need to Hardie board?
Before you pick the right nail gun for the Hardie board, you need to consider a few features. For instance, it is great to check the depth adjustment. This is an essential consideration to help you know the nail depth.
You should also consider the tool’s design. We recommend nail guns with a user-friendly design for easy operation. Moreover, they should be lightweight to give you an easy time.
Just like other tools, you should also check the safety lock to keep you safe when working. So, look for a nail gun that can prevent accidental nail shooting.
5 Best Nail Gun for Hardie Trim Reviews 2020
A regular nail gun cannot work well for Hardie siding projects. Therefore, get the best nail gun for Hardie trim for top-notch results. Read through our complete reviews and buying tips to help you choose the right one.
1. Freeman P4FRFNCB Pneumatic Framing & Finishing Combo Kit
Have you been looking for a nail gun that you can use for home improvement as well as professional work? Here it is, Freeman P4FRFNCB Pneumatic Framing and Finishing Nailer and Stapler, the best nail gun for Hardie siding. This powerful framing nailer is designed for heavy-duty tasks such as assembling pellets, roof decking, and fencing, among others.
This nail gun has a one-piece blade that is made of hardened steel and a magnesium body that makes it light to carry. This is the perfect machine to help you get aesthetically appealing finishes on doors and window casings, cabinets, and chair rails. To help get better finishes in the corners of the furniture is a 34-degree angle magazine.
Luckily, you are not going to incur a huge cost in maintenance. The nail gun has an oil-free design that prevents unnecessary strain on your workspace. Furthermore, there is a no-mar safety tip that helps to reduce damages on your work surface. The Pneumatic Framing and Finishing Nailers and Stapler Combo Kit come with a canvas bag with 4 pieces that help you complete repair projects easily and quickly.
Freeman P4FRFNCB Features:
- Multipurpose nail gun for carrying out both home and professional projects
- 34-degree magazine that makes it easy to reach all corners and tight spots of furniture for finishing
- This nail gun has an oil-free design to maintain a clean and stain-free work surface.
- The nail gun features a no-mar safety tip to ensure the safety of the work surface.
- Hardened steel blade and magnesium body for portability and durability
2. Hitachi NT65M2S 16-Gauge Finish Nailer
This is an ergonomically designed professional nail gun that will make your installation or fine finish applications run smoothly from start to end. As you prepare to start working, use the built-in air duster button to blow away dust from your work surface, and get a clear view. There is also a 360-degree exhaust port that you can adjust to blowing dust from your face after work.
It is easy to aim using this tool because it features a lightweight and compact make. A selective actuation switch allows you to fire either on contact or sequentially, depending on the kind of job you are doing. No extra tools are needed if you want to make changes. It features a tool-less, which is easy to clear and offers easy removal of nail jams.
This nail gun gives you the ability to control your operations and get accurate finishes using the elastomer grip. To add on, the gun has a magazine that holds up to 100 fasteners. Additionally, a no-mar tip guarantees the safety of your work surface. This nail gun comes with sunglasses for protecting your eyes.
Hitachi NT65M2S Features:
- Built-in air duster button to help clean the work surface before you start working
- Selective actuation switch for choosing between sequential and contact firing
- A versatile nail gun can be used for installing molding and refined finishes on features.
- Compact and light in weight with precision nail placement that puts zero strain on your arm
- The tool has a magazine that can hold up to 100 fasteners between 1 and 2 ½ inches
3. Cordless Brad Nailer
Want a shift from gas, cord or compressor powered nail guns? This is the best cordless nail gun. This staple gun uses a spiral-drive technology that is powered by a 20-volt Lithium-Ion battery. It comes with a battery charging unit. It can offer up to 1100 shots on a single charge.
With this tool, it is easy to drive ¼ inch crown staple from 5/8 inch to 1 inch. You will find 200pcs of 3/4” staples, 400pcs of 5/8” brad nails, and 400pcs of 3/4” brad nails in the kit. Feel free to use all these to install insulation sheets, fasten lightweight decoration trim, install carpets, or do any repair works.
This nail gun features an LED lighting system that illuminates the work area. It has a power adjustment dial and is bigger than a normal trigger. The handle has an ergonomic design combined with a quick-release mechanism to give you convenience and comfort. Its non-marring tip provides clear finishes on the surfaces you work on.
Cordless Brad Features:
- 100% battery-powered (20volts Li-Ion) setting you free from the use of gas, air, or compressor cords
- Features a spiral-drive technology that makes you work faster than usual
- Ergonomic handle and belt hook for high comfort level and easy control, with a quick, release mechanism.
- LED lighting mechanism to illuminate the work area so you can see properly the tiniest of corners
- No-mar nose tip to provide flawless finishes on your furniture and adequately protect your work surface from damage
4. NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic 21 Degree 3-1/2″ Full Round Head Framing Nailer
A 21-degree pneumatic framing nailer with all the great features you need to complete projects at home. The body is made of durable magnesium that is light in weight, and the handle is ergonomically designed to make your arm comfortable and less fatigued when working. It comes with an interchangeable trigger that can be used for a single shot or quick fire.
NuMax Pneumatic framing nailer is the best nail gun for home projects like wood fencing, roof decking, sheathing, and installing subfloors. It has a finger depth adjustment and a 360-degree adjustable exhaust for cleaning off dust when you are done. The no-mar tip makes this framing nailer perfect for different kinds of work surfaces.
This nail gun is made of magnesium with heat-treated steel parts making it tough and durable. This machine is air- powered and, therefore, does not need a battery. It also features an air tool oil for more accuracy, less strain, and high precision. This nail gun has an overall weight of 8.5 pounds, which makes it light if you anticipate long times of project handling.
NuMax SFR2190 Features:
- 21-degree framing nailer to provide the greatest access to tight angles and give precision.
- Ergonomic handle for a comfortable grip to reduce arm strain when you are working.
- Adjustable depth to allow you to decide how far you want to drive the nail in the surface
- Powerful and versatile tool with no-mar tips for working on a variety of surfaces
- 360-degree adjustable exhaust to blow off the dust from your face/body and surface
5. DEWALT Brad Nailer Kit
This is one of the best nail gun brands you can choose. It is a full kit that comes with a motor that requires zero maintenance of the work surface as soon as you start working. Also included in the kit are several brads and nail brads. It is capable of clearing nail jam quickly and efficiently to allow you to continue working.’
The tool offers tool-free depth adjustment, and you will also find convenient detents to help you set the nail head perfectly. Moreover, you can drive 18-gauge nails from 5/8″ to 2″ of length. You can drive these nails on the surface using a sequential type of triggering. This gun operates with the use of a pneumatic power source. There is an adjustable belt hook that allows you to keep the gun as close to you as possible.
In addition, as soon as you continue working, use the rear exhaust to keep away contaminants. With an operating power of 70-120psi, you should be able to work efficiently. The gun also has a non-marring tip that can be removed but also has on-tool storage. Its magnesium body makes the gun light to carry.
DEWALT Brad Features:
- No need for tools to remove nail jam; it has a tool-free jam release, which makes your work easier.
- Detachable non-marring nose tip for work surface safety that can be stored on the gun itself
- An admirable magnesium body type that makes the gun lightweight and durable
- A durable motor that requires no maintenance when working and has an operating pressure of 70psi-120psi.
- Ability to adjust the nail drive depth to the desired point and features detents for easy nail head setting.
Why Should You Choose a Nail Gun for Hardie Trim?
Choosing a nail gun for Hardie trim is beneficial in different ways. First, they are essential for various DIY projects. You can use a nail gun to install siding for your house to give it a beautiful look.
You also need a nail gun for Hardie trims to save you time. This tool also gives you better accuracy and speed when installing siding for your house.
Lastly, this tool provides you with finger safety, more power, and convenience of use. So, you can handle your projects safely and improve craftsmanship.
Frequently Asked Question
Are electric nail guns any good?
How long does Hardie board last?
Can I use a roofing nailer for Hardie siding?
Is it Easy to Attach a Nail Gun for Hardie Trim?
Is Hardie board better than vinyl siding?
If you are looking for the best nail gun for Hardie trim, I hope our top reviews have given you an insight. You can compare their top aspects to ensure you choose the most suitable for your projects. Consider a lightweight nail gun so that you can achieve easy maneuverability when trimming the edges.
From our top 5 picks, we recommend the NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic nail gun. This is a lightweight which is easy to operate without fatigue. The tool is also powerful and versatile and gives an outstanding performance. Moreover, it is pocket-friendly and gives professionals a durable use.