Do you need to deal with firewood often? If so, a sharp and efficient hand saw is inevitable for you. It will make your cutting campaign faster and bring down your labor. But you must pick the best hand saw for cutting firewood at any cost. Which one can be ideal for you? You may be totally in the dark about this as you’re just a novice in identifying a perfect tool.
However, all of your concerns will go away within a few minutes if you focus here. We’ve accumulated some of the advanced hand saws for you here. So, try to get connected with us until you find the prospective product.
Table of Content:
We’ve represented all the saws in the following table. You could choose one at ease, scrutinizing the table.
- 6 Best Hand Saw for Cutting Firewood Reviews 2021
- Why Should You Use the Hand Saw for Cutting Firewood?
- Tips for Cutting Wood With a Hand Saw
- Wrapping It Up
If you have less time to spend, you can concentrate on the following chart to find a subtle comparison.
6 Best Hand Saw for Cutting Firewood Reviews 2021
We’re almost at the crucial section. Here we’re going to talk about all the best hand saws for cutting firewood. Stay tuned!
1. GreatNeck N2610 – 26 Inch 12 TPI Crosscut Saw
As you’re connected with woodworking applications, this durable and sharp hand-saw can be an integral part of your professional life. You could tackle firewood at ease since it comes with a heavy-duty carbon steel blade. Moreover, the 26inch 12 TPI blade can handle aggressive and rougher cuts with less time. You will also find a variety of cuts through this excellent saw.
It won’t slip out of your hand ever during the working period since it assembles a sturdy hardwood handle. The weather-resistant and a comfortable gripping mechanism will make your cutting session thoroughly fruitful. With the perfect length and portable design, it has been the first choice for all sensible users.
To manage a more extraordinary cutting ability, it incorporates the sharpened teeth and precision set. The manufacturer has made it to be powerful enough to deal with larger and harder woods. With all the benefits, it has been the best hand saw for cutting logs. You will have incredible convenience in carrying this tool.
GreatNeck N2610 Features:
- This saw comes with a high carbon steel blade to aid you in accomplishing all woodworking projects.
- It’s ideal for performing fast, aggressive, and rougher cuts in a variety of pieces.
- The assembly of sturdy, weather-resistant, and comfortable grip makes it easy to navigate.
- With the arrangement of the precision set and sharp teeth, it has been handy to all.
- You find the utmost comfort in carrying it and can utilize it for a long time with no hassle.
2. WilFiks 16” Pro Hand Saw, Perfect for Sawing
You may be eager to purchase a sharp, durable, and portable hand saw to deal with your regular woodworking projects. And this efficient tool can meet your demands providing smooth, quick, and sharp cuts. With the inclusion 16inches 9 TPI high carbon steel blade, it can chop up wood in various pieces as per your requirement. An extra blade is also assembled on the handle for managing safety.
The anti-slip grip handle will deliver you the best comfort and support to carry on your job with much integrity. You will have a superior cutting angle through its unique handle design. Most importantly, it can cut wood 50% faster than other saws and provide rapid removal of chips. You also find push and pull strokes through this premium tool.
You can apply it for cutting plywood, plastic pipe, wallboard, and other rigid materials along with cutting wood. The heavy-duty and portable design will deliver you incredible manipulating privilege. With the assist of its longer and sharper teeth, your cutting campaign will be highly productive.
WilFiks 16” Pro Features:
- This tool features thicker body blades for cutting wood and an extra blade for managing safety.
- The grip handle can easily resist it from slipping out of hand during the working session.
- It comes with efficient teeth to provide smooth, quick, and sharp cuts in various pieces.
- With the deep gullets, it manages the fast removal of chips, and the exclusive handle design provides the best cutting angle.
- You can utilize it for trimming, gardening, pruning, and cutting purposes.
3. Stanley 20-045 15-Inch Fat Max Hand Saw
If you have something to cut, you can take the Stanley Fat Max hand saw to have superior performance. You will have a faster cutting session with its three cutting surfaces. Moreover, the 15inch 9 TPI blade will manage your smooth and significant cuts of firewood. To mark angles in several ranges, you can use the back of the saw.
This good hand saw for cutting wood comes with a non-slipping grip. With the assembly of induction-hardened teeth, you find incredible performance in tackling all woodworking projects. The teeth are longer than the standard range, and the included handle is easy to hold. Most notably, the attached blade is 15 percent thicker than the traditional one to manage straighter cuts with less binding.
The versatile, ergonomic, and durable design makes it perfect for accomplishing tasks efficiently. And the affordable price range puts it high in demand for professional users. Moreover, you can carry it everywhere at ease and apply it for chopping plastic, plywood, and other materials.
Stanley 20-045 Features:
- This saw can provide quick and smooth cutting through the stainless steel blade and sharp teeth.
- The rubberized grip handle resists it from slipping out of hand on the course of cutting wood.
- It features three cutting surfaces and a portable design to aid you most.
- To mark angles and make the precise measurement, you can use the back of this saw at ease.
- You could accomplish versatile tasks through it and utilize it for a long time.
4. IRWIN Tools Universal Handsaw
Compared to other conventional saws, you find superior performance and comfort through this excellent handsaw. It can cut woods faster as it features a high-quality steel blade. With the trip-ground teeth, it can tackle thicker and rougher wood at ease. The inclusion of a universal tooth grind makes it efficient to remove materials rapidly.
To add stability and improve the clearance, it incorporates a tapered-pitch nose. As it assembles a water-based lacquer coating, you will find the most controlled cuts with less time. The grip handle comes with high-density resin and an ergonomic shape to reduce your hand’s fatigue. You will have a full push and pull stroke through its non-slip handle.
Meanwhile, this sharp saw eliminates the binding of wood, providing smooth and exact cutting. The lightweight and portable design push it top of the choice list for all enthusiast users. Along with cutting timber, you could apply it for pruning, trimming, and many more purposes. Even you could purchase this easy to use hand saw at an affordable price.
IRWIN Tools Features:
- This saw incorporates a rust-free, sharp, and stainless steel blade to deliver you quick cuts.
- The trip-ground teeth make it perfect for tackling harder and thicker firewood.
- It features a water-based lacquer coating to accelerate the cutting performance.
- With the inclusion of a universal tooth grind, it surpasses the competitors in terms of removing material.
- You will find excellent stability and improved clearance through its tapered-pitch nose.
5. SOG Folding Saw – Wood Saw, Hand Saw
Are you exploring for an efficient, durable, and foldable saw? If so, you can set your mind for the SOG Folding saw right now. It can easily tackle hard and large wood through its sharper blade. The tempered steel teeth provide quick cuts experience with a length of 17.25 inches. The blade incorporates powder coating to resist rust and last long.
Moreover, you cut branches and logs with much precision by dint of its grip handle. Also, it can efficiently handle outdoor tasks through foldable and portable design. The ballistic nylon sheath with a belt loop makes it easy to carry. Besides, you can replace the blade often as per your requirement.
You can cut the firewood precisely with every stroke with the help of its comfortable handle. Most importantly, it can cut up to 4.5 inches thick branches putting less fatigue on hand. The conventional 9.8 ounces weight and astonishing cutting capacity claim it as the best hand saw for cutting firewood.
SOG Folding Saw Features:
- This saw comes with tempered steel teeth and a rust-resistant blade to tackle firewood.
- It features a nylon sheath with a belt loop to deliver you utmost convenience.
- The foldable design and soft TPR handle put it high in demand for all.
- You can replace the blade often and utilize the saw for many years.
- Up to 9.8 ounces weight and versatile using facilities make it accessible to all professional users.
6. Folding Saw, Heavy Duty Extra Long 11 Inch Blade
This quality hand saw will deliver you ease in cutting wood and plastic. With the attachment of a durable SK-5 steel blade, it has been perfect for chopping up thicker and rougher wood. The 11 inches longer blade can execute faster cutting than a conventional one. With the arrangement of aggressive staggered teeth, it seems the sharpest saw in the market.
In any weather condition, you will have a firm gripping scope through its rubber-coated polymer handle. The extra-long and folding design makes it perfect for all sorts of projects. Most notably, you will have an ultra-smooth cutting action in camping and yard work through it. The 0.42 kg weight makes it easy to carry everywhere.
Meanwhile, it comes with a triple cut blade design to be ideal for 6inch -7 inch diameter branches. It can cut in both pulling and pushing direction. Even you can use it at ease for a long time. If you consider woodworking a good hobby in your life, you can take it at once to have the best performance.
Folding Saw Features:
- This saw comes with an 11 inches longer blade to cut off larger and thicker wood.
- The anti-resistant and triple cut blade design will manage the superior efficiency to you.
- It comes with a longer rubberized handle to manage the utmost comfort to you.
- With the assembly of aggressive staggered teeth and foldable design, it has been favorable to all.
- You can use it in both directions and apply for a wide range of woodworking projects.
Why Should You Use the Hand Saw for Cutting Firewood?
Your woodworking projects will seem easy to handle with a quality hand saw. An efficient saw will manage quick and smooth cutting adventures in all conditions. However, we’re going to point out some reasons behind using a hand saw.
- A hand saw can tackle more extensive and thicker firewood with a sharper blade.
- It can chop up logs in various pieces and remove the materials within a short time.
- You can deal with larger projects with less toil by dint of an advanced saw.
- As it comes with a rubberized grip, you will find a comfortable cutting session all along.
- The decoration of aggressive staggered teeth provides the smoothest cuts.
- This crucial tool is applicable for trimming, pruning, and cutting various materials.
- You can carry it everywhere for outdoor projects and utilize it for an extended period.
Tips for Cutting Wood With a Hand Saw
If you’ve managed the best hand saw for cutting firewood by this time, you must know the actual application. Otherwise, you can’t avail yourself of the desired opportunity. Here the ultimate tips:
- You have to mark the wood in the exact measure where you want to cut it.
- Create a notch by pulling the saw towards you to cut the wood as per the direction.
- Then start the cutting process managing the stable control between the wood and saw.
- Make sure you’re holding the saw at the right angle and applying the precise stroke.
- Grab the handle firmly to find the best accuracy and smoothness of the pieces of wood.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we’re going to reveal some answers related to the hand saw. You could enrich your range of experience about the saw from here.
Can a hand saw cut wood?
Of course, a hand saw can cut wood and work as good as a chainsaw if it is a small or straightforward project. However, you need to have a right hand saw if you want to cut wood precisely and correctly.
Can you use a reciprocating saw to cut firewood?
With a reciprocating saw, you can easily cut firewood. But you have to consider its size because a reciprocating saw can cut normal-sized firewood. It would be best if you had a chainsaw for small wood in diameter.
Can all hand saw types do the same jobs?
Though the principle of cutting wood logs, firewood, and other things is the same, you need a different hand saw for cutting different wood. You need a chop-saw if you want to cut small wood.
Can I cut plywood with a hand saw?
Yes, you can conveniently cut plywood with a hand saw. But you have to care before you start cutting plywood with your hand saw. It would help if you did not start too fast at the beginning of the cutting plywood.
Wrapping It Up
You may have assumed the importance of a hand saw in your practical life. Hence, you’re determined to choose an efficient one. And ultimately, you’ve found some advanced tools here by this time. So, you can pick one without any further hesitation to make your cutting session productive.
We want to recommend you the SOG Folding Saw – Wood Saw, Hand Saw, Pruning Saw since it’s the best hand saw for cutting firewood. It comes with a stainless steel blade and sharp teeth to provide you quickest cuts. You can also look for the IRWIN Tools Universal Handsaw as it features a grip handle and durable design.