Whether you are a DIY enthusiast or professional, you need the best hand saw for cutting firewood. Having sharp teeth and a rigid handle, hand saws work better when it comes to making small pieces of wood logs. But finding the best one might be a frustrating experience for you if you don’t have experience and spent time researching them.
As you are in the right place on the planet, we will cover you finding your hand saw to fulfill your requirements. We have picked each of the hand saws after our intensive research and experiment based on their quality, materials, sharpness, sturdiness, and more. Thus it would help if you did not repent for what you have paid for the hand saw.
Table of Content:
We have implemented a table of content for your faster and easier surfing throughout the article. You will experience easy navigation by clicking any section to read the specific area of the piece.
- 6 Best Hand Saw for Cutting Firewood Reviews 2020
- Why Should You Use the Hand Saw for Cutting Firewood?
- Tips for Cutting Wood With a Hand Saw – 2 or 3 lines then bullet point
- Wrapping It Up
The below comparison chart will tell you a short brief about the hand saws for cutting wood logs. If you are busy enough, you can make a purchase decision from the chart.
6 Best Hand Saw for Cutting Firewood Reviews 2020
Without the right hand saw, it might be time-consuming and challenging work for you to cut firewood. So, we have made a wise list of the 6 best hand saw for cutting firewood after experimenting with each of them. Each of them is worth choosing depending on your needs, budget, and expectation.
1. GreatNeck N2610 – 26 Inch 12 TPI Crosscut Saw
According to our experience and experiment, GreatNeck N2610 should be the best hand saw for cutting logs out there. It comes with your needed features so that you can complete your cutting firewood faster and easier. The handle of the hand saw is comfortable because of its sturdy grip. Also, the handle is weather-resistance, and dark-stained ensures its longevity.
Its 26 inches saw offers you to cut your wood logs into pieces according to your requirements. It eliminates the use of a power saw because it can handle most of the sawing tasks at home and outdoors.
With the 26 inches 12 TPI blade of the hand saw, you can cut any tree branches and wood aggressively and fast. The hand saw’s portable feature enables you to move with the hand saw with you wherever you want to go. So, it should be a standard addition to your wood cutting and tree branch cutting.
GreatNeck N2610 Features:
- The hand saw offers you perfect wood and tree branch cutting per your demand with its 26-inch blade.
- Its weather-resistant handle ensures a better grip and offers easy wood cutting.
- A mighty hand saw can tackle any sawing task and is portable to move quickly with it.
- It comes with a perfect length of the blade that cuts wood logs, firewood, and tree branches comfortably.
- High carbon steel construction of the blade ensures durability and sturdiness.
2. WilFiks 16” Pro Hand Saw, Perfect for Sawing
If you search for a sturdy and easy-to-use hand saw, WilFiks 16” Pro Hand Saw would be one of the preferable hand saws out there in the market. It is a versatile hand saw that helps you cut different precise cutting such as tenons, miters, and dovetails. You can comfortably cut plastic pipe, plywood, wood, wallboard, and more with the hand saw.
Your woodworking arsenal will not complete if you don’t have a WilFiks 16” Pro Hand Saw. It will help you achieve your cutting wood faster than ever. You can conveniently cut with its three cutting surfaces as much as 50% more quickly than your old hand saw.
When it comes to cut wood logs, firewood, and so forth, it offers you a massive grip due to its anti-slip handle. Also, it adds comfort when you cut wood, and the unique design of the handle allows you to achieve angle cuts. The hand saw has 9 teeth per inch, which offers rapid cutting.
WilFiks 16” Pro Features:
- The hand saw comes with a 16-inch high-performance blade with 9 TIP for better rigidity and control.
- It offers faster woodcutting, and you can cut as quickly as 50% faster.
- Comfort grip and long time use are possible with its ergonomic and soft-grip handle.
- The hand saw’s operation, meaning cutting wood logs with it, is more comfortable and faster.
- Its teeth are longer and sharper than standard hand saws and offer clean cutting.
3. Stanley 20-045 15-Inch Fat Max Hand Saw
Cutting wood logs, plywood, firewood, and more becomes more comfortable and faster only when you have a right hand saw for cutting wood. If you take a close look at the present market of writing saw, you can easily find one that will complete your missing wood project. The hand saw blade perform better than any other hand saw out there due to its steel construction.
The blade’s length is 15 inches, which is sufficient to cut wood faster with a 9 TPI blade. These teeth are sharper and longer so that you can cut comfortably and quickly. Not only that, it comes with Sharptooth technology that offers a 50% faster cut than your conventional saws.
These sturdy teeth keep sharp up to five times than others. The handle of the hand saw is anti-slip; therefore, you can cut wood comfortably even if your hands sweat. Also, you can achieve 45 and 90-degree angle cuts with the hand saw. So, it might be one of your woodworking assistance to help you complete any woodworking project.
Stanley 20-045 Features:
- Sharptooth technology helps to cut wood 50% faster with its three cutting surfaces.
- The ergonomic and thick handle of the hand saw offers comfort and anti-slip benefit.
- The teeth of the saw remain sharp 5x longer than others due to its induction-hardened coating.
- The saw’s length is 15 inches and has 9 teeth per inch for faster and comfortable cutting.
- The blade is built of steel that offers more extended, sturdier, and impacts resistant capability.
4. IRWIN Tools Universal Handsaw
IRWIN Universal Handsaw should be one of your best hand saw for cutting firewood if you are after an easy to use hand saw. If you want to achieve faster cuts, you need it because it can do it up to 3x faster than your conventional hand saw due to its triple-ground teeth. It weighs only 0.8 lbs, which is more than light so that you can carry the hand saw anywhere you go with it.
For quick removing of material, the hand saw is equipped with a universal tooth grind. While cutting wood logs, firewood, and plywood, you need to improve the clearance that the hand saw offers because it has a tapered-pitch nose for stability.
This feature also benefits you to continue your project for a long time without fatigue. For controlled cuts, you will come across the thick-body handsaw blade. For faster and easier cuts, you should consider the hand saw ultimately.
IRWIN Tools Features:
- You can achieve a faster cut with the hand saw because of its having triple-ground teeth.
- Its 15-inch blade length ensures a faster cut and ideal for your indoors and outdoors project.
- With its triple-ground teeth, you can cut wood logs, plywood, etc. 3x faster than others.
- To improve stability and clearance, it comes with a tapered-pitch nose.
- Anti-slip and ergonomic handle of the hand saw improve your wood cutting experience.
5. SOG Folding Saw – Wood Saw, Hand Saw
The lighter the hand saw will be, the longer time you can continue your woodworking project. In this case, SOG Folding Saw should come handy because of its lightweight and portable feature with only 167.17 grams weight.
Unlike other hand saws, you can fold it due to its foldable handle. You can also remove the blade of the hand saw when it requires because it is replaceable. To withstand rust, the hand saw blade has a black powder coating.
The soft handle of the hand saw offers you comfort while cutting wood. So, you can consider it a versatile hand saw that can be used for hiking, camping, trimming tree branches, and more. The foldable feature of the hand saw improves its easy carrying and storage anywhere you require.
SOG Folding Saw Features:
- The blade length of the hand saw is 17.25 inches with tempered steel teeth.
- High carbon steel construction of the hand saw blade improves its lifespan and sturdiness.
- To protect the blade from rust, it comes with a black powder coating.
- The soft and ergonomic handle of the saw helps you to continue your woodworking a longer time.
- For your easier carrying and storing, it comes only a few pounds of weight.
6. Folding Saw, Heavy Duty Extra Long 11 Inch Blade
If you take woodworking a good hobby, you must equip your woodworking arsenal with needed tools. Therefore, REXBETI 11 inches hand saw should be one of your woodworking tools to take your project to the next level because of its many beneficial features. Its durable SK-5 steel blade allows you to get different cutting while you are on a camping mission.
Whether it is thick branches of the trees, you can cut them faster and move forward with its heavy-duty rugged eleven-inch blade. Besides, it comes with 7 teeth per inch that offer aggressive staggering and ultra-smooth cutting of wood, branches, and plywood.
For a comfortable grip and faster cuts, the hand saw comes with a rubber-coated polymer handle. It can help you withstand any weather conditions and pursue your woodworking or woodcutting for a longer time.
Folding Saw Features:
- The folding design of the hand saw offers easy carrying and storage to your backpack before you start.
- You can remove bushcraft landscaping and typical yard work with the hand saw.
- It offers efficient and faster cutting when you are outside with its durable SK-5 steel blade.
- It comes with 7 TPI for aggressive staggering and faster cutting of wood and tree branches.
- It is only 0.42 kilograms, which is more comfortable for anyone to store and carry in their backpack.
Why Should You Use the Hand Saw for Cutting Firewood?
Using a hand saw offers numerous benefits when it comes to cutting firewood. Nothing should come as handy as a hand saw if you want faster and precise cuts as a beginner or professional woodworker. Otherwise, a hand saw will help you improve the smooth and faster woodcutting experience.
- When you need intricate cuts in wood, tree branches, plywood, and more, a hand saw should come into place. It has sharper and sturdy teeth that help you achieve your woodworking goal.
- You can only achieve your desired and precise cuts through wood logs, firewood because a hand saw offers faster and perfect cuts according to your needs.
- A hand saw allows you to have small and straightforward cuts that a chainsaw offers. So, it eliminates the necessity of some woodworking tools as well.
- A hand saw is lightweight and portable; thus, you can bring the woodworking tool with you anywhere you need, whether for camping, hiking, tree branches cutting, and more.
- Most of the hand saws have an ergonomic and comfortable handle that allows you to cut wood for a long time without hurting your hands and feeling fatigued.
Tips for Cutting Wood With a Hand Saw – 2 or 3 lines then bullet point
Cutting wood with a hand saw is more straightforward and requires no technical knowledge. But in this article, we would like to share some essential tips for cutting wood with your hand saw. It will help you perform your woodworking project faster and conveniently.
- Before you start cutting the wood, it will be wise to mark it properly. The marked line will work as a guide that will help you to cut the wood precisely. You can measure it twice if you need it.
- When you start cutting with a hand saw, you should not put all your effort into the very beginning. Instead, you should begin to slowly and allow the saw to do its work for you. A free-running motion is required if you want to achieve a better cut.
- Securing the wood that you want to cut is an essential consideration before you proceed. In this case, after marking the wood or anything else, you should clamp it securely so that it does not move back and forth. We recommend you to double-check it before starting.
Frequently Asked Questions
The frequently asked questions will improve your knowledge about a hand saw. Not only that, but these questions to their answers will also assist you in picking your desired hand saw as well.
Can a hand saw cut wood?
Of course, a hand saw can cut wood and work as good as a chainsaw if it is a small or straightforward project. However, you need to have a right hand saw if you want to cut wood precisely and correctly.
Can you use a reciprocating saw to cut firewood?
With a reciprocating saw, you can easily cut firewood. But you have to consider its size because a reciprocating saw can cut normal-sized firewood. It would be best if you had a chainsaw for small wood in diameter.
Can all hand saw types do the same jobs?
Though the principle of cutting wood logs, firewood, and other things is the same, you need a different hand saw for cutting different wood. You need a chop-saw if you want to cut small wood.
Can I cut plywood with a hand saw?
Yes, you can conveniently cut plywood with a hand saw. But you have to care before you start cutting plywood with your hand saw. It would help if you did not start too fast at the beginning of the cutting plywood.
Wrapping It Up
If you want to cut firewood precisely and faster, there is no alternative to a hand saw. But you need to consider its quality, ease of use, TPI, blade construction to get the best hand saw for cutting firewood.
However, you can choose the IRWIN Universal Handsaw because it comes with your needed features. It offers faster and smoother cuts due to its having triple-ground teeth. Its blade length is 15 inches and ideal for wood logs, firewood, plywood, etc. It can cut these items 3x faster than a conventional saw.